Executive Order 786 - Creating the Natural Resources Development Corporation, Defining its Functions, Powers and Responsibilities and for Other Purposes
Executive Order 192 - An Act Providing for the Reorganization of the Department of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources, Renaming it as the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and for Other Purposes.
To engage in potentially viable business ventures using pioneering and innovative systems, technologies relative to management, production, processing, marketing and financing for the development of forestry, land, mineral, and environment sectors transforming NRDC into major revenue contributor to the national government in its capacity as DENR corporate arm.
To be the prime mover in providing linkage to the development of industries or enterprises in DENR Sector. To be an effective arm and partner of DENR by helping achieve balance between development and protection through sustainable and innovative programs and project.
Based on Executive Order 786 (1982)
- Responsible for promoting natural resources development and conservation through involvement in pioneering and potentially viable production and marketing ventures or projects using new innovative technologies, systems, and strategies such as but not limited to stumpage sales systems, industrial forest plantations, and logging operations provided, however, that activities which compete with the private sector shall be avoided except in specific cases where the expected revenues of NRDC are earmarked for financing specific development projects such as establishment of industrial tree plantations and agro-forestry farms and assistance to small- scale miners.
Based on Executive Order No. 192 (1986)
- Responsible primarily for promoting natural resources development and conservation through:
- Direct involvement in pioneering but potentially viable production, use, and marketing ventures or projects using new/innovative technologies, systems, and strategies such as but not limited to stumpage sale system, industrial forest plantations or logging operations, rattan tissue culture, provided, however, that activities which compete with private sector shall be avoided except in specific cases were the revenue of NRDC are earmarked for a specific local developmental or social service.
- Financing natural resources development projects undertaken by the private sector such as establishing industrial tree plantations, agro-forestry, small scale mining and retooling of the natural resources based processing industries to improve their efficiency and competitiveness; to discharge these functions effectively, it is hereby authorized to generate funds through debt instruments from various sources, and innovative income-generating strategies.
- Promote the enhancement of forest renewal rate through intensified Industrial Tree Plantation promotion including the provision of incidental services such as extension of assistance on equity/capital, credit line/facilities, marketing and management.